Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Welcome Saving Greyce!

I just discovered a blog entirely devoted to the rescue of retired racing Greyhounds: Saving Greyce. You can find the link on the right hand side of the screen. (I am still having problems providing hot links in the text of this blog.)

The proprietress of Saving Greyce is the mom of Molly, a Greyhound placed by Greyhound Adoption Center (see link at right of screen), the alma mater of Zephyr, Portia, Bingley and Magic.

Check in with Saving Greyce, not only to gain insights into life with an ex-racing Greyhound, but also for news about closing down Greyhound racing in the United States. The good news is that tracks are closing and states are outlawing Greyhound racing. The bad news is that every time a track closes, hundreds, sometimes thousands of dogs are displaced and need homes before they are killed. I am not going to say "euthanized". I don't want to sugar-coat the fate of these magnificent creatures.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting people know about my blog. I really appreciate it! I love your pics! Portia is beautiful.

    Kim & Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled to have a fellow Greyhound aficionado blogging. And to have a fellow Greyhound Adoption Center adopter blogging is even better!

    ReplyDelete