Saturday, January 26, 2013


The road to recovery has not been easy for Bingley. Early this week, he became reluctant to use his left front paw. We couldn't find any sign of trauma, and he didn't react when we examined it, but he would not put weight on it. So, today, it was back to Dr. Pearson. It's always heart-stopping when a Greyhound limps or refuses to use a paw. The specter of osteo-sarcoma is ever present. Happily, Bingley's x-rays were clear, so Dr. Pearson is hypothesizing a soft tissue injury. John is pretty sure Bingley did the damage running circuits around the living room. The two hardest things to get a Greyhound to do are 1) Stay off sofas. (We don't even try) and 2) Not run. Up to this time, we haven't really tried to stop him, but this is getting old and vet bills are piling up. Dr. Pearson has ordered rest for Bingley. I know he will happily comply about 97% of the time. It's what he does during the other 3% that concerns me.

No comments:

Post a Comment