Friday, April 19, 2013

That Was The Week That Was

I've just heard that the second Boston Bomber is in police custody and a great city can breathe again, but its broken heart may never mend entirely. Although the first city I remember living in was Chicago, the first city I heard my parents talk about was Boston. They courted at Fenway Park. Imagine going to Comisky Park for a Fourth of July double-header with parents who were the only fans routing for the wrong color Sox. I was pretty old before I figured out that Ted Williams had no religious significance. If we hadn't named Bingley after Mr. Darcy's best friend, he would have been named Fenway. It was a close call. Prayers for those who mourn and those who are just beginning the long, slow, painful journey to recovery from their physical and emotional wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment